The Meeting Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Meeting Place

reserved

You are not connected. Please login or register

When Things Don't Go As We Planned

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When Things Don't Go As We Planned Empty When Things Don't Go As We Planned Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:29 am

TyndaleSemGrad

How often do we get frustrated when our plans end up being delayed or changed in some aspects? The other day I drove the car out to a good friend's place for him to work on changing a front wheel bearing. It is a process which begins with taking the wheel off which is a very basic task. Beyond that it can become much more complicated depending on the amount of rust that corrodes and cold-welds metal parts together. Not just nuts and bolts either. There are numerous steering components hidden behind the wheel - aspects of the car's operating function that have everything to do with safety for the persons in the car and people in other vehicles on the road.

The wheel bearing - after 14 years of road salt/slurry and other winter driving conditions - had become seized into another attached part. My friend took great pains to ensure that other steering components would not be damaged during his work efforts to remove the old bearing. This - understandably - increased the amount of time needed to get the job done. Instead of a a couple of hours to completion we are at least double that. and more time is needed to get the old bearing out to be able to install the new - and then put all the other pieces back together, including putting the wheel back on.

Through it all my friend - who is a Christian brother - and myself had extensive fellowship with some really good conversations about spiritual matters. We have both been encouraged and strengthened in our journey with Jesus.

What is more important? Having our plans work out in timing and details? Or having our Lord Jesus Christ's work on the intimate details of our hearts, minds and souls to bring us to a deeper and more vital love for and trust in Him?

In the Bible we read "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

What are some of things that frustrate us in life, be they with material realities or people? Are there lessons of patience that need to be instilled in us as we daily face hardships and challenges. Do we yield to frustrations more than our Lord?  Any thoughts?

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:20,21

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum