The Meeting Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Meeting Place

reserved

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canadian Politics Topic

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Canadian Politics Topic Empty Canadian Politics Topic Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Myles

Myles
Admin

Alright well, the obvious big political thing happening is the Ontario Election. What are your guys thoughts on the various party leaders?

https://the-meeting-place.forumotion.com

2Canadian Politics Topic Empty Re: Canadian Politics Topic Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:08 pm

TyndaleSemGrad

Good question. They all seem sincere in their perspectives. I have seen people on the web lower themselves to name calling in their efforts to express their thoughts of political leaders of the federal level. Though tempting it is not a virtuous response. That being said one article writer stated that in this election - because of the nature of confusion within each party - "we need to hold our nose and just vote!" That speaks volumes as to the state of the campaign.

3Canadian Politics Topic Empty Re: Canadian Politics Topic Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:37 pm

Myles

Myles
Admin

Yeah, it seems the days of respect of leadership, in politics, are long gone... That article writer seems to have painted a fairly accurate picture of all the parties conditions, especially in the PC campaign, there was a ton of controversy.

4Canadian Politics Topic Empty Re: Canadian Politics Topic Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:28 pm

TyndaleSemGrad

Along with the PC controversies are the ones of the other two. It is a messy context - but should we be surprised given the sin cursed nature of humanity?

Sent from Topic'it App

5Canadian Politics Topic Empty Re: Canadian Politics Topic Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:24 pm

AndrewM

AndrewM

I realize that this was suppose to be a pre-election discussion, but I personally wanted to see a PC majority, NDP as the official opposition and the Liberal party of Ontario to lose its official status. I am anxious to see what will happen come June 29th though. Since the PC party has zero accountability to the NDP or any other party, the PC party can do anything that they want with almost no repercussions until the next election and/or by-election. On that same note, I personally believe that the PC party can hold itself accountable more-so than any other party.

I would love to read about your opinions now that the election has already happened.

6Canadian Politics Topic Empty Re: Canadian Politics Topic Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Myles

Myles
Admin

Yeah I was hoping for a PC majority, but I'd have taken a PC victory, no matter the form, over the other parties. I'm looking forward to seeing how Ford holds to his promises, some of them being easier to fulfill than others. But yeah, there's so much they can do with a majority; there's lots of illustrations of when a government couldn't do something it wanted too -for better or for worse- due to them having a minority.

I think it's pretty neat that the PCs managed to pull off a majority, so soon after all the controversy inside the party.

7Canadian Politics Topic Empty Re: Canadian Politics Topic Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:17 pm

AndrewM

AndrewM

I disagree with a PC minority because Ontarians' still have a leftist mindset that would potentially prevent any progress.

8Canadian Politics Topic Empty Re: Canadian Politics Topic Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Myles

Myles
Admin

Yeah, had Ford won a minority government, we'd probably just get four years with minimal change. In other news, our local MPP got a cabinet spot, as Minister of Transportation.

9Canadian Politics Topic Empty Re: Canadian Politics Topic Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:18 pm

AndrewM

AndrewM

Yeah, that's exciting that your local MPP is the head the MTO. 15 years of being an MPP has finally paid off for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum